# The Goal
Our goal is not to have the biggest list of everything available out there. Our goal is to have a list of things that anybody would have to learn if they were to enter the field today.
Your contributions to this repo are always welcome! Bear in mind, that this repo is highly opinionated, unbiased and curated. Your opinion on value of any resource may not match the opinion of the curators.
No PR will be discarded without explanation!
# How are these roadmaps made?
Roadmaps are made using draw.io (opens new window)
- Clone the repository
- Open draw.io (opens new window) and drop the xml file of the image that you want to change in the browser to open it
- Add your changes and add a link to each new content
- Export the xml file
File > Export as > XML > uncheck "compressed" > Exportand put it in the
- Export the svg file
File > Export as > SVG > uncheck "Include a copy of my diagram" > Exportand put it in the
- Make sure that the width and height of the SVG match the actual image content to avoid unnecessary whitespace around the image
- Commit your changes and open a PR
- Adding everything available out there is not the goal!
The roadmaps represent the skillset most valuable in present time meaning that if you were to enter any of the listed fields today, that's what you would learn first. Although there is an endless amount of techniques, tools and components that were important in the past or appear promising to become relevant in the future, prioritize the skills that are generally most relevant for today's demand. Use your critical thinking to filter out non-essential stuff. Give honest arguments for why the resource should be included.
- One item per Pull Request
There may be a discussion related to an item you want to add. Adding just a single item per pull request makes it much easier for everyone involved.
- Write meaningful commit messages
- Look at the existing issues/pull requests before opening new ones